In 1886 J.D. Thomson set up shop on Tarbert street with a general store. It wasn't long before his business grew and as a result he built the stables to house his horses and a space to build coffins for the burgeoning but dangerous gold mining industry.
He also built a powder magazine into a natural rock feature that was a store for the towns explosives.
The building stood empty and mostly unused from 1940 until 2008 when we purchased it and underwent a restoration which kept the historic nature but allowed it to function as a modern office with glazing, insulation, electricity and water.